Recognized since 2022
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Candace B. Ford is an Associate in the Baton Rouge office of Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. in the Commercial Litigation practice group. Her principal areas of practice include litigation involving unfair trade practices and unfair competition; contract disputes; healthcare related litigation; and general business and commercial litigation issues. Candace also has experience representing financial institutions, mortgage banks and lenders, mortgage loan servicers and issuers, and other consumer financial services providers in lender liability actions. Candace practices in both state and federal courts, and before administrative courts.
She joined BSW after serving as an Assistant Parish Attorney for the City of Baton Rouge/Parish of East Baton Rouge where she defended the city in a variety of litigation, primarily serving as federal counsel. She devoted a significant portion of her practice to representing law enforcement agencies against Section 1983 claims and other civil rights litigation. She also has experience defending the city against planning and zoning, personal injury, and many constitutional issues.
Additionally, Candace previously served as a federal law clerk at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana where she worked closely with a federal judge, which enabled her to strengthen her writing, analytical, and research skills.
Candace received her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Southern University Law Center in the top 5% of her class, where she served as Articles Editor for the Southern University Law Review and where she received a top oral advocate award at a national inter-school moot court competition. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, summa cum laude, with a concentration in Pre-law and Paralegal Studies from Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana.
Candace is a regular volunteer for the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation Pro Bono Project. She has been a dependable and consistent volunteer for outreach activities including Thirst for Justice, Ask-A-Lawyer and the new COVID-19 Legal Hotline.A native of Shreveport, Louisiana, Candace enjoys participating in community service; traveling and spending time with her husband, Aaron V. Ford Jr. and daughter Erin; and taking her beagle, Bentlee’, to the dog park.
Because Candace brings a lot of litigation experience and an unusually broad legal background to BSW, she is highly effective in serving her clients. Candace is naturally detail-oriented and extremely efficient. She specializes in exhaustive preparation for her cases, and has an uncanny ability to identify some way, even if it is usual, to formulate and deliver a compelling argument supporting her client’s position. If there is a way to win, Candace will find it.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bswllp.com/candace-b-ford
- One American Place, Suite 2300
301 Main Street
P.O. Box 3197
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
- Southern University Law Center, J.D., graduated 2017
- Northwestern State University, BA, graduated 2013
- Louisiana, Louisiana
- American Bar Association - Member
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - High School Mock Trial Committee
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - Pro Bono Project volunteer
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - Publications Committee
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - Youth Education and Teen Court Committee, Chair
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Louis A. Martinet Legal Society, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter - Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association - Member
- National Bar Association - Commercial Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division Pro Bono Award 2020
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, President's Award 2020
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Judge Joseph Keogh Memorial Award, 2019
- Named a "Rising Star" by Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2021
- Named "Ones to Watch" by Best Lawyers, 2022
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.