Jones is a member of the firm's corporate and securities practice group. His legal practice is focused on the areas of business formations, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and general corporate law. Jones has experience handling a wide spectrum of business issues that cover multiple industries, including:
- Structuring and implementing mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions, recapitalizations, divestitures, and reorganizations
- Structuring private securities offerings and compliance with state and federal securities laws
- Negotiating, structuring, and documenting complex corporate and LLC governance structures
- Commercial contract preparation and review
- Documenting other highly complex business transactions
In addition, Jones has experience in multiple healthcare transactions involving M&A and securities for hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician-hospital joint ventures, nursing homes, and medical practices. He also advises Boards of Directors on governance issues, and drafts organizational and governance documents for other healthcare organizations.
Jones is listed as a leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer in South Carolina by Chambers USA, and has an AV ranking by Martindale Hubbell. Since 2010, he has been included in The Best Lawyers in America in the corporate, M&A, and securities law areas.
Jones received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he was Associate Articles Editor for the South Carolina Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif, Order of the Wig and Robe, and the John Belton O'Neall Inn of Court. He received a B.S., cum laude, in financial management from Clemson University.