Recognized since 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Administrative and Public Law
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Angus Gunn is a barrister who concentrates on the resolution of commercial disputes. His practice emphasizes (a) civil appellate litigation matters; (b) appointments as counsel and arbitrator in international and domestic commercial arbitration proceedings; and (c) counsel in judicial review and other administrative law matters. He blends a traditional litigation practice with extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution. He is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Law Society of England and Wales. Mr. Gunn has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia, the Court of Appeal for Alberta, the Federal Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada. He has also represented clients in various arbitration proceedings and in proceedings before administrative tribunals, and has accepted appointments as arbitrator and mediator. He was appointed Queen's Counsel in 2012.
Mr. Gunn has served as an adjunct professor at the Faculty of Law, University of British Columbia, since 1999 and regularly lectures for the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia.
Contact & Links
- 1744 - 1055 Dunsmuir Street
P.O. Box 49254
Vancouver, BC V7X 1L2
- British Columbia, Law Society of British Columbia
- United Kingdom, General Council of the Bar
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- International Arbitration, Vancouver, Canada (2022)
- Appellate Practice, Vancouver, Canada (2021)
- Appellate Practice, Vancouver, Canada (2019)
- Appellate Practice, Vancouver, Canada (2017)
- Appellate Practice, Vancouver, Canada (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Administrative and Public Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.