What he specialises in:
Alexander specialises in life sciences law, including complex regulatory and commercial issues. He has considerable experience in implementing projects for pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Alexander's expertise covers legal issues relating to the manufacturing of medicines, transactions with pharmaceutical assets, clinical trials and offences in the area of circulation of medicines. Alexander's focus of interest also includes various bioethics issues in life sciences industry, compliance and anti-corruption investigations.
His previous experience includes largest Russian and international pharmaceutical companies, as well as extensive cooperation with state authorities in life sciences industry.
Examples of his major projects:
- advising a number of large domestic and foreign companies on contract manufacturing (with the total amount of deals exceeding $ 500 million);
- providing legal support to a leading pharmaceutical company in the implementation of an innovative medicine supply model;
- conducting a compliance audit of a pharmaceutical company;
- providing support in a number of transactions involving the transfer of rights to a portfolio of medicines;
- providing legal support in a project involving construction of an innovative medicines manufacturing facility;
- developing a legal strategy for entering the market in relation to a hospital R(x) portfolio of 13 medicines (with total sales in the first year amounting to $ 150 million).
Alexander is the head and founder of the MA course "Legal Regulation of the Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Sector" at the faculty of law of the Higher School of Economics National Research University (HSE University), a member of the expert council of the Centre for Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Research at the HSE University and head of the Life Sciences legal club, a community of lawyers and scientists interested in legal issues of public health and bioethics. He has more than 8 years of experience as an associate professor at the HSE University.
What they say:
"He knows exactly how it works as he's got experience in the industry and understands the business side of things." (Chambers Partners 2020).