Alexander primary specializes in life sciences law, including complex regulatory and commercial issues. He has considerable experience in implementing projects for pharmaceutical and medical devices companies.
Alexander's expertise covers legal issues related to the manufacturing of medicines, pharmaceutical assets transactions, clinical trials, offenses in the life sciences industry. Alexander's focus of interest also includes various bioethics issues, compliance and anti-corruption investigations.
Alexander’s previous experience includes largest Russian and international pharmaceutical companies, as well as vast cooperation with state authorities in life sciences industry.
- advising a number of large domestic and foreign companies on contract manufacturing (total amount of deals exceed $ 350 million);
- legal support of the leading pharmaceutical company in the implementation of the innovative model of medicine provision;
- compliance audit of a pharmaceutical company;
- support of a number of transactions for the transfer of rights to the portfolio of medicines;
- legal lead in GMP pharmaceutical plant construction;
- advising pharmaceutical companies on controversial issues of conducting clinical trials;
- development of a legal market entry strategy for hospital R (x) portfolio of 13 medicines (total sales in the first year - $ 150 million worth project).
Alexander is the head of Russia's first academic interdisciplinary project "Pharmaceutical Law", a member of the expert council of the Center for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Research at the Higher School of Economics and head of the Life Sciences legal club, a community of lawyers and scientists interested in legal issues of public health and bioethics. Has more than 5 years experience as an associate professor at the State University of Higher School of Economics.
What they say:
Clients note the firm's proactive approach, saying the team seeks "feedback during a project on what's going well and what is not, and is able to improve on the way," adding that the lawyers "always work as a team" and are "commercial." (Chambers Europe).