Alex Brauer has experience working for and against some of the world’s largest law firms, and currently represents both businesses and individuals in various high-stakes litigation matters with a focus on the bottom line. He has successfully litigated and tried cases in federal and state courts throughout Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana and Nevada. He also has compiled a stellar track record representing clients before the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and intermediate appellate courts across Texas.
Mr. Brauer focuses his practice on defending and prosecuting complex commercial litigation matters involving:
- Breach of Contract
- Business Torts
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Deceptive Trade Practices
- Theft of Trade Secrets
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Packers and Stockyards Act
His recent work for clients includes:
- Helping an investment fund pursue a multimillion-dollar federal fraud case against a group of out of state defendants
- Winning a 5th Circuit reversal of a $25 million award against a leading food producer in a price-fixing case
- Defeating a class-certification motion filed against two of the nation’s largest poultry companies as part of an antitrust conspiracy case
- Securing a “tidal wave” opinion before the 5th Circuit in a closely watched antitrust case involving the Packers and Stockyards Act
He also has successfully defended clients facing class and collective actions, in addition to representing plaintiffs and defendants in complex tort matters, negligence claims and wrongful death cases.
Mr. Brauer’s work for clients in trials, appeals and settlement negotiations has helped him earn numerous professional honors, including being named to D Magazine’s annual guide to the Best Lawyers in Dallas and the yearly listing of Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters.
A respected member of the Dallas Bar Association who has served on the Judiciary Committee and the Fee Disputes Committee, Mr. Brauer also is a devoted community advocate.