Albert E. Bender, Jr.
Recognized in:Real Estate Law
Law School:Northwestern University
Location:One Atlantic Center, Suite 49001201 West Peachtree StreetAtlanta, GA 30309-3424
- Northwestern University, J.D., graduated 1983
- St. Louis University, AB, graduated 1980
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association - Member- Real Property Section
- Atlanta Bar Association - Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers - Member
- Mortgage Bankers Association - Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties - Member
- Phi Beta Kappa - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Represented a major pension fund investor in the creation of “mixing bowl” joint ventures with a publicly held REIT, having a valuation of over a billion in assets, established for the ownership of multistate portfolios of retail malls, office buildings and the development of future real estate assets.
- Represented a major insurance company lender in numerous multistate portfolio financings of pools of office, retail, industrial and senior housing assets.
- Hundreds of loan transactions with more than $4 billion in mortgage debt for insurance companies covering retail, office, industrial, senior living and multifamily properties from New England through the Southeast to California and Hawaii.
- More than 100 significant sale transactions for major institutional holders of real estate assets, including banks and insurance companies, covering office, retail, mixed use, industrial, senior living and multifamily properties from across the country, including significant office building sales in major metropolitan centers.
- Counsel to an owner of regional malls in connection with the workout of a complex stack of CMBS debt.
- Handled workouts of mezzanine loan interests held by an investor in Arizona, Atlanta and other office developments.
- Representing the U.S. developer/seller and its international owners in the $380 million sale of 21 apartment projects in 10 jurisdictions, with stock investment in the buyer as a portion of consideration to the seller.
Level 20 Bastion Tower
Five Place du Champ De Mars
32 2 550 3700
West Wing, Suite 21B2
No. 7 Guanghua Road
86 10 8592 7500
1950 University Avenue, Fifth Floor
East Palo Alto, CA 94303-2282
333 South Hope Street, 16th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071-3004
560 Mission Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94105-0912
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
The Atlantic Building
950 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004-1404
90 Park Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016-1387
Bank of America Plaza, Suite 4000
101 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28280-4000
4721 Emperor Boulevard, Suite 400
Durham, NC 27703-8580
2828 North Harwood Street, 18th Floor
Dallas, TX 75201-2139