Our services include:
- Employee benefit plans and compensation plans for companies
- Employee stock ownership plans
- Welfare plan design and compliance, including HIPAA privacy and security rules
- Contract review and counseling for executives in transition
- Advising Compensation Committees regarding executive compensation design, proxy statement preparation and institutional shareholder review matters
- Counseling business owners in transferring ownership to key employees
We assist companies in designing and drafting benefit plans and compensation programs. But just as importantly, we offer continued assistance in maintaining those plans in compliance with the ever-changing landscape of state and federal laws. Rapid changes in legislative and regulatory laws governing employee benefit plans require that you work with a legal advisor who is focused solely in this area of practice. Our clients do not pay for expensive "on the job" training of our lawyers, and we do not delegate our projects to inexperienced associates.
The attorneys with Wilkins Finston Law Group LLP practice solely in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation. With over twenty years experience as partners with top-tier law firms, our partners know "best in class" employee benefit and compensation programs that help our clients recruit and retain employees.
Our founding partners have both been listed in the "Best Lawyers in Dallas" for 2014 (ERISA) and the "Top 50 Women Lawyers" for 2010 (ERISA) by D Magazine, and are listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" (Employee Benefits). Our partner Jay Friedman has been named Employee Benefits Lawyer of the Year for 2014 for San Antonio, Texas.
- Best Lawyers - Best Law Firm -ERISA
- NAMWOLF Member Firm
- Certified WBENC - Women's Business Enterprise
About Our Clients
Wilkins Finston Friedman Law Group LLP: Our Mission Statement
TO EMPOWER BUSINESSES:
We were founded in 2011 by partners with a passion for creating a new business model. Our seven attorneys have combined experience of over 100 years in this boutique practice area with large regional, national and international firms. We exist because our founding partners decided to offer our clients a new business model more suited to their needs. The same technology and innovation that is driving our clients’ businesses is driving our business. Resources once available only to large law firms are now readily available to any firm, regardless of size. The legacy cost structure pushing up others' hourly rates does not impact our firm. Our attorneys thrive in a setting that stresses a diverse, collaborative effort. THIS is why we exist.
Firm Practice Areas
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Litigation - ERISA