Vergara Galindo Correa (VGC Abogados) originated as the first boutique law firm dedicated to environmental matters. From the outset, it has participated in the most important projects nationwide, being recognized as one of the most promitent firms in the country.
The firm is composed of over 40 lawyers dedicated to the environment, natural resources and the regulation of economic activities, who graduated from the most prestigious universities in Chile and abroad.
Currently VGC Abogados has seven partners: Javier Vergara, Mario Galindo, Eduardo Correa, José Luis Fuenzalida, Cecilia Urbina, Pablo Ortiz and Winston Albuquerque.
In 2019, Patricio Walker, joined the firm as Senior Consultan, bringing his specialist experience in public law, focussing on constitutional and administrative matters. Of note is that between March 2007 and March 2008, he was President of the Chamber of Representatives and between March 2015 and March 2016 he was President of the Senate. During this latter period he presided over the committees of Constitution, Legislation and Justice, Environment, Defense, Human Rights and Children.
Since this year, Paula Gajardo, senior associate, leads the new practice area "COMMUNITY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT" advising our clients, both remotely as well and in field work, regarding the legal and strategic aspects that must be taken into account to achieve successful community relations, which will allow the implementation of investment initiatives that can effectively contribute to sustainable development.
Some of the services provided by VGC Abogados are:
-Review of the applicability of permits and their processing.
-Environmental due diligence an preparation of permits.
-Advice on project environmental evaluation and preventive environmental compliance.
-Advice on sanctioning proceedings initiated by the Supertintendence of the Environment.
-Litigation in administrative and judicial venues.
-Litigation before the Constitutional Court.
-Obtaining and perfecting water rights.
-The design and execution of real estate projects.
-Matters relating to mining from the initial exploration phase to mine closure.
-Support in negotiations and conflict management with interest groups, communities and community organizations.
-Projects management in the institutional, public and private sphere.
Law Firm of the Year Awards
- Environmental Law in Chile (2022)
- Environmental Law in Chile (2019)
- Environmental Law in Chile (2017)
Top Listed National Awards
- Top Listed in Chile in Environmental Law with 9 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Santiago in Environmental Law with 9 lawyers
- Mario Galindo "Lawyer of the Year 2020" for his work in Environmental Law.
- Javier Vergara "Lawyer of the Year 2019" for his work in Environmental Law.
- VGC "Firm of the Year 2019", for his work in Environmental Law.
- VGC Top Ranked Chambers Latin America 2020 for his job in Environmental Law.
- Pablo Ortiz "International Advisory Experts Award 2019" for his work in Criminal Law.
- VGC Top Ranked Chambers Latin America 2019 for his job in Environmental Law.
- VGC Top Ranked Chambers Global 2019: Energy & Natural Resources: Mining in Chile.
- Winston Alburquenque, Top Ranked Chambers Global 2019: Energy & Natural Resources: Mining in Chile
"Law Firm of the Year"
Chile's "Law Firm of the Year" awards:
- Environmental Law - 2022
- Environmental Law - 2019
- Environmental Law - 2017
Firm Practice Areas
- Administrative and Public Law
- Criminal Defense
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Mining Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Water Law