For over 30 years, Gonzalez Calvillo has challenged the standards and rewritten the full-service firm model with a solution-oriented approach, evolving the practice of law in Mexico.
The firm is driven by the commitment of doing things differently, having a deep knowledge of the Mexican legal ecosystem, its behaviour and interaction with today’s globalised business environment. That is how over 200 people, between partners, counsel, associates and administrative employees, are responsible for making Gonzalez Calvillo one of Mexico’s leading law firms.
Our services are designed to help our clients solve the toughest and most complex legal issues while finding the best solution for each case. By understanding clients’ business culture and strategy, we establish a close and strategic alliance to enable them to achieve more.
We have the best minds in every area and encourage our teams to work collaboratively and share their knowledge to provide comprehensive legal solutions. We have put together a stellar group of lawyers – most of whom received part of their academic education in the United States and Europe and have experience working abroad as international associates in leading foreign law firms.
Our client roster is well diversified, as we represent a blend of local and multinational corporations across regulated and non-regulated industries, such as domestic and international financial institutions, governmental entities and individuals, including a substantial number of Fortune 500 companies in a wide variety of legal matters.
We have been recognised by internationally renowned legal publications for our proficiency in several fields of law. These recognitions have been granted to both practice areas and lawyers individually. We are also proud of consistently leading award-winning transactions, which has been possible thanks to our clients’ trust and faith in our business.
It has been proven that our multidisciplinary approach reveals great insights and creates productive discussions that lead to smart strategic thinking and bold decision-making. That is why we have a broad offer of practice areas that act as one to deliver integrated solutions.
Top Listed National Awards
- Top Listed in Mexico in Administrative Law with 7 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Mexico City with 20 lawyers
- Top Listed in Mexico City in Administrative Law with 7 lawyers
- Top Listed in Mexico City in Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law with 9 lawyers
- Top Listed in Mexico City in Project Finance and Development Practice with 5 lawyers
- Macquarie Capital and Techint, as sponsors, in the highly complex US$1.2b acquisition, development and project financing of the landmark 907MW Norte III power plant in Mexico, which will generate power for the Federal Electricity Commission.
- DuPont in the US$130b global merger with The Dow Chemical Company and the antitrust clearance thereof. This transaction was selected Matter of the Year 2018 by the Global Competition Review, a Law Business Research Publication.
- IEnova in the US$852m acquisition of the largest wind farm projects in Mexico, Ventika I and Ventika II, from Fisterra Energy, a Blackstone company (NYSE: BX) This transaction was named Private Equity Deal of the Year by Latin Finance.
- Mexican Development Banks BANOBRAS, BANCOMEXT and NAFIN as lenders - in the Pesos $17,750m senior loan financing granted in favor of Altan Redes for the development of the Red Compartida Project.
- The consortium of Huawei and Nokia, as lenders- in the US$850m finance to Altan Redes through EPC agreements, infrastructure and service financing for the development of the Red Compartida Project.
- PEMEX Exploración y Producción, in the US$1.2b financial sale and leaseback transactions with affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co, of 15 infrastructure and production assets located in the Gulf of Mexico.
- KST Electric Power Company, Korea Electric Power Corporation, Samsung C&T Corporation and Techint in the US$450m financing, for the construction of the largest Korean- sponsored power plant ever developed in Latin America.
- TAG Norte Holding, as borrower, Ductos y Energéticos del Norte and PMI Holdings as sponsors, in the US$1.47b financing (including Senior and VAT facilities) for the 454km Los Ramones Phase II-Norte Gas Pipeline Project.
- PEMEX, PGPB (TAG) and PMI International, as sponsors, in the approximately US$1.1b project for the development, construction, financing, operation and ownership of the approximately 287km Los Ramones Phase II-South natural gas transportation pipeline.
- KEPCO, Samsung and Techint in an international public bid and 25-year Power Purchase Agreement with the CFE for the construction and operation of the Norte II 433MW CCGT power plant, the largest Korean sponsored power plant ever developed in Latin America
- The consortium of Huawei and Nokia, as lenders, in the US$850m finance to Altan Redes through EPC agreements, infrastructure and service financing for the development of the Red Compartida Project.
- Urbi Desarrollos in its US$2.8b debt restructuring through pre-packaged insolvency proceeding and further capital injection of Pesos $887m. This transaction was shortlisted Restructuring Deal for the 2017 Americas Awards by IFLR.
- Rappi México – a leading global technology company and the first Unicorn in Latin America - in the structuring, negotiation and implementation, of a joint venture for an amount of US$400m with Grupo Financiero Banorte.
- IFM Investors in the US$2.6b global acquisition of OHL’s infrastructure concessions subsidiary. This transaction was named Private Equity Deal of the Year by Latin Finance in the Latin Finance Deals of the Year Awards 2018.
About Our Clients
Business Development firstname.lastname@example.org
+52 (55) 5202-7622
+52 (55) 5202-7622
Head of Business Development
+52 (55) 5202-7622
Firm Practice Areas
- Administrative Law
- Advertising Law
- Amparo Law
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Banking and Finance Law
- Capital Markets Law
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Competition / Antitrust Law
- Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice
- Debt and Equity Practice
- Employee Benefits Law
- Energy Law
- Entertainment Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions
- Franchise Law
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Information Technology Law
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Life Sciences Practice
- Maritime Law
- Media and Broadcasting Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Private Equity Law
- Project Finance and Development Practice
- Public Procurement Law
- Real Estate Law
- Technology Law