Galvez Pascual is a business litigation & arbitration boutique devoted to the resolution of complex cases and international disputes, representing clients or assisting other firms’ practices in their litigation or arbitration work. Our client base is highly diversified, ranging from multinational, foreign and Spanish corporations, through mercantile and investment banks and hedge funds international organisations. Also major international law firms, including foreign firms with Madrid or Barcelona offices that have no court practice, regularly ask us to defend the interests of their clients before the Spanish and EU Courts.
Galvez Pascual has its head offices located based in Barcelona and Madrid but also have several agreements with legal firms in most of the principal cities of the world which permit worldwide co-operation.
- Commercial Litigation: The lawyers in our commercial Litigation practice have represented clients in virtually every type of business and commercial dispute. We routinely assist our clients with preemptive advice on potentially contentious aspects of significant corporate and commercial transactions. Our clients often seek aggressive, trial-ready advocates who will demonstrate both the client’s right resolve and also its readiness to pursue its legal remedies through a trial.
- International Arbitration: We are well versed in arbitration and related court proceedings, such as jurisdiction challenges, freezing orders and the enforcement of arbitral awards. Our expertise in the international field is reflected in the wide variety of clients for whom we act, including airlines, ship owners, gas and oil companies, traders and entrepreneurs. We never lose sight of the commercial realities, consequences, the pressures and priorities that our clients have to face every day.
- IP Litigation: Galvez Pascual is uniquely situated to handle cases involving all types of IP claims, including in combination with related claims of trademark infringements, contract disputes, unfair business practices and other causes of action. Our litigation practice handles significant standalone trademark infringement and anti-counterfeiting cases for major international clients also covering the range of false advertising and unfair competition claims.
- Energy and Infrastructure Disputes: We provide specialist advice on construction and engineering disputes, acting for a diverse client base of contractors, private developers, funders and other stakeholders involved in high-value construction and engineering work. We have advised on a broad range of projects including commercial, industrial, retail, hotel and leisure, energy and other major projects such as large engineering schemes and infrastructure projects.
- Banking and Finance Disputes: Galvez Pascual’s Banking & Finance Litigation lawyers are specialized in claims from professional investors and medium and large companies against financial institutions. Our clients include banks, funds, wealth managers, private equity funds and other financial institutions, as well as high net-worth individuals. Because we have no transactional department, we have no transactional business to protect, nor do we have business conflicts.
- Third-Party Litigation Funding: Galvez Pascual provides assistance to our clients in obtaining funding for their procedures through our extensive network of contacts with global major funds. We also advise assisting litigation funds on reviewing litigation or arbitration potential cases through legal due diligence. In addition, Galvez Pascual’s team is also well known in the litigation financing world and has a good track record in obtaining third-party financing in appropriate cases.
- Bitcoin and Blockchain Disputes: Galvez Pascual specializes in disputes concerning Bitcoin and blockchain technology applications and explores the implications that have for a wide variety of legal issues for companies and founders. Although the industry is in its nascent stage, our lawyers have handled disputes relating to cryptocurrency, blockchain, and ICOs, and draw on extensive experience and familiarity with this emerging area.
- Startup Litigation: Our firm has litigated partnership and startup disputes in a wide variety of industries, including high-tech and computer startups, entertainment companies, finance and investment concerns, and real estate ventures. We have expertise in the various disputes that may arise in startup projects, including issues relating to contract disputes, dissolution and insolvency or valuation of partnership interests.
- Competition Damages Disputes: The rise of private claims for damage caused by cartel competition law infringements represents an excellent opportunity for those firms that have suffered damage at the hands of cartels to obtain compensation for their loss. Here at Galvez Pascual, we will bring you a rounded perspective on the best available strategies for maximising the opportunity in this complex but very rapidly developing area of litigation.
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law