David Cleary has been trying cases in Vermont since 1974, and has been referenced as one of Vermont’s most prominent trial attorneys for over 3 decades by numerous legal directories such as Best Lawyers, A.M. Best, Chambers & Partners, and Martindale Hubbell. Mr. Cleary leads the firm's medical malpractice defense practice and also has a growing caseload as an Early Neutral Evaluator and mediator.
Kaveh Shahi tries more cases to verdict each year than most Vermont trial practitioners (averaging almost 3 trials per year for the last 10 years). He handles both routine and complex trials and appeals in all of Vermont's state and federal courts with an emphasis on personal injury defense, lawyers professional liability, insurance coverage, employment discrimination/wrongful termination.
Thomas Aicher was recently named National Outside Counsel for the National Ski Areas Association. He works closely with insurers and resort operators in the ski industry as well as in several outdoor recreation businesses. He also handles a variety of claims involving premises liability and product related injuries. He regularly works with high exposure personal injury claims and wrongful death actions. Mr. Aicher also handles a growing caseload of employment cases and lawyers professional liability defense.
Joel Iannuzzi has been a practicing personal injury and commercial litigation for more than thirty three years. He handles cases in Vermont and upstate New York. He specializes in handling insurance coverage matters. Karen Heald has been practicing for more than 20 years and specializes in medical professional liability and health law for the firm in association with the firm's medical malpractice caseload. She is a licensed RN.
All of our attorneys provide aggressive and effective legal representation in their specific practice areas and have been recognized by their peers in the legal community for their dedicated and effective advocacy.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Vermont in Litigation - Insurance with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Vermont in Litigation - Real Estate with 2 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Rutland in Arbitration with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Rutland in Litigation - Insurance with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Rutland in Litigation - Real Estate with 2 lawyers
- ACE American Insurance Co.
- ACE USA
- ACE Westchester Specialty Group
- Atlantic Risk Management
- AXIS Insurance
- CNA Insurance
- Cumberland Farms
- Electric Insurance Company
- Energi Insurance Services
- Farm Family Mutual Ins. Co.
- Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
- Genesis Healthcare
- Global Indemnity Group
- Healthcare Underwriters Mutual
- Lloyds of London
- Medical Mutual Insurance Company of Maine
- MetLife Property & Casualty
- Nautilus Insurance Co.
- Sedgwick Claims
- St. Paul Travelers
- The Doctors' Company
- The Medical Protective Company
- United National
- United States Liability Insurance Company
- Vermont League of Cities and Towns
- Wells Fargo Special Risks, Inc.
- Willis of New Hampshire
- York Risk Services
About Our Clients
Our client base includes several insurance companies and self insured businesses who are sophiticated and who have high expectations for securing cost effective, yet aggressive results. We work tirelessly to position our clients to a point where they have the best chance of successfully negotiating a case to resolution or, if necessary, to try the case to a successful verdict.
When faced with a lawsuit, you deserve a trial lawyer and firm who will protect your best interests and diligently pursue justice on your behalf. At the law firm of Cleary Shahi & Aicher, P.C., in Rutland, Vermont, our experienced trial attorneys understand how much you have at stake personally and professionally.
We are zealous advocates who are committed to defending you against claims that threaten your assets and reputation. You can rely on us for clear communication and to provide you with peace of mind while focusing on protecting your interests and lessening your exposure to damages, and positioning you in the best way possible to negotiate from a position of strength.
Firm Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - ERISA
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Securities
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Sports Law