Baldwin Haspel Burke & Mayer is a full-service law firm that prides itself on personal service for each of its clients. Since 1914, the firm has successfully met its clients’ changing needs as part of its commitment to providing quality legal services in a timely, cost-efficient manner. Baldwin Haspel Burke & Mayer finds creative solutions for the legal problems that affect our clients, whether our attorneys are developing preventive strategies or responding to critical demands.
Baldwin Haspel Burke & Mayer was formed by the merger of Baldwin Haspel (formed in 1914) and Burke & Mayer (formed in 1971). Baldwin Haspel specialized in legal transactions and established itself as a leader in business, personal finance and tax law. Burke & Mayer started as a maritime firm and evolved into an organization providing diverse services to maritime and energy related industries, with an emphasis on litigation. Baldwin Haspel Burke & Mayer was officially formed in July 2007, when the two firms recognized an opportunity to better serve their existing clients by combining their respective strengths.
Today the firm is active in the areas of alternative dispute resolution, bankruptcy, business & commercial litigation, commercial & equipment finance, commercial real estate, construction, elder law, employment, environmental, estate planning & successions, general business, general casualty, insurance defense & coverage, intellectual property, maritime, mergers & acquisitions, professional liability, startups and taxation.
To further enhance the level of service it provides, the firm is a member of MeritasTM, one of the world’s largest alliances of pre-qualified independent law firms.
Baldwin Haspel Burke & Mayer’s mission is to be a client-focused organization, recognized for providing the highest level of legal services, resulting in long-term relationships.
The cornerstones of our firm’s existence are:
- Quality Service: We endeavor to maintain our long-standing reputation of tradition and success by addressing our clients’ needs with responsiveness, efficiency and innovation.
- Client Satisfaction: Coupling our firm’s dedication to quality service with our commitment to client satisfaction results in trust and loyalty. That is why our clients become like family and stay with us for generations.
- Community Involvement: We take our moral obligation to serve the communities we have called home for more than 100 years very seriously and encourage our people to actively participate in the betterment of our region.
- Firm Culture: We constantly strive to cultivate an environment where all enjoy working and feel appreciated, respected and understood.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Louisiana in Elder Law with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Louisiana in Non-Profit / Charities Law with 3 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in New Orleans in Elder Law with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Orleans in Non-Profit / Charities Law with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Orleans in Trusts and Estates with 4 lawyers
- 2011 - 2012 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- 2013-2014 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms"
- 2014-2015 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms"
- 2015-2016 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms"
- 2016-2017 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms"
- 2017-2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms"
- 2012 - 2013 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
Chief Operating Officer
Firm Practice Areas
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Elder Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Non-Profit / Charities Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates