Xavier has a wealth of experience in banking and financial law, private equity, corporate mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, the securities market, debt issues, derivative products and commercial law in general, embracing both corporate and contractual sides.
Before joining Roca Junyent, Xavier worked as senior lawyer at the corporate law department of Uría Menéndez.
Spanish, Catalan, English and French.
- Barcelona Bar Association.
- Vice-chairman of the Finance and Banking Practice Group at Terralex.
- Member of Centro de Estudios e Investigación en Economía y Finanzas Islámicas (Centre for Studies and Research in Islamic Economics and Finance).
- Law Degree, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2000.
- Executive Master’s degree in Corporate Finance & Law, ESADE Business School, 2008.
- Islamic Finance Qualification, Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment, 2014.
- Full lecturer of commercial law, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Lecturer on the master’s degree in law, IDEC Business School, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Recommended by Best Lawyers International, since 2014 edition, in the area of Banking and Finance.
- Recommended by Chambers Europe, 2012 edition, in the area of Capital Markets: Equity.
- Recommended by Chambers Europe - Leaders of Their Fields, 2012 edition.
- Recommended by Chambers Global - Leaders of Their Fields, 2013 edition.