Bill Gelnaw has served as one of the firm’s managing partners since 1996.
Mr. Gelnaw is listed in Best Lawyers in America and PLC - Which Lawyer, and is named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer. He has also been named in The Legal 500 for mergers and acquisitions.
Private Equity: representation of funds in acquisitions and investments, and the ongoing representation and sale of portfolio companies.
Mergers & Acquisitions: mergers and acquisitions on behalf of public and private companies and private equity funds in a wide range of industries including financial services, healthcare, media, communications, timeshare, professional services, and consumer products.
· $120 million initial public offering for financial services company.
· $152 million sale of business media company.
· $130 million sale of healthcare service company.
· $300 million acquisition of mutual fund complex.
· $1.7 billion sale of annuity company.
· $1.1 billion sale of mutual fund complex.
· Representation of special board committees in three going private transactions.
· $280 million sale of financial services company.
· $60 million joint venture in consumer products industry.
· Sale of professional services/consulting company.
Publications and Presentations
· “Pre and Post Sale Planning for You, Your Company and Your Family,” panelist, Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Conference for Business Owners: M&A Solutions for Privately Held Companies, Boston, October 2012.
· “Going Private Deals Involving a Controlling Stockholder,” co-author, Securities Law360, August 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Gelnaw is a member of the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts High Technology Council and the Board of Directors of the Associated Industries of Massachusetts. He is also a member of the Commercial Club of Boston and the Business Advisory Council of Boston College Law School. Mr. Gelnaw is a member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations and is active on various community boards. He is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.