Bill Toman’s practice includes significant experience in the area of insurance regulation and administrative law. Client representations before Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance and insurance regulators nationwide. His experience in this area includes:
- Insurance company formation, capitalization and licensing, including Wisconsin’s leading medical malpractice writer and two of its newest HMOs.
- Insurance company acquisitions and mergers, including due diligence, negotiation and regulatory approvals. Projects include creation of an alliance of four associations for acquisition of a life insurer, and dozens of Form A filings and Form E investigations.
- Liquidation, rehabilitation and guaranty fund operations, including representation of the Wisconsin Commissioner of Insurance in a 15-year insurance group workout.
- Holding company regulation, including dozens of Form B, C, D and dividend filings.
- Reinsurance transactions, including drafting issues, qualifying reinsurance, arbitration, and letters of credit and other security.
- Regulatory relations, including audits and examinations, rate and form filings, administrative lobbying, and enforcement actions.
- Special issues facing managed care organizations and other health care plans, including product filing and approval, reform initiatives, business plan filings, provider contracts, coverage mandates, ERISA and COBRA.