Bill Anderson represents public and private organizations in
environmental law, public trust and real estate matters, including
serving as outside general counsel to the Oklahoma Ordnance Works
Authority, a state beneficiary public trust. He has had extensive
involvement in Superfund, RCRA, Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water
Act, waste water, private nuisance and various toxic tort matters.
His unique experience representing the Authority, which owns and
operates the Mid-America Industrial Park, makes him the go-to lawyer for
matters related to industrial and economic development.
Bill is a fellow in the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers,
whose membership is based not only on excellence in trial and appellate
skills, but also requires the highest ethical standards and integrity.
After law school, he clerked for the Honorable A.P. Murrah, Chief Judge
of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- Represented Fortune 500 Company in all regulatory, litigation and
construction facets of Superfund and RCRA remedial activities at two
Zinc refining facilities, one closed and one operational.
- Represented drinking water supplier in resolution of regulatory dispute over application of Trihalomethane standards.
- Represented operator of industrial waste treatment facilities in
resolution of regulatory dispute over application of POTW regulations,
including drafting of required state legislation.
- Represented landowner in regulatory, litigation and construction
aspects of Superfund remedial activities at recycling facility at closed
- Represented multiple PRPs in Superfund landfill cleanup.
- Represented landowner in cost recovery action against former tenant involving waste oil soil contamination.
- Represented the operator of treated water and waste treatment
facilities in negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale contracts
with municipal, water district and industrial customers.
- Represented public trust in development, lease and construction of 1.5
million square foot manufacturing and warehouse facility for Fortune
- Represented public trust in development and sale of 800 plus acres and
84,000 square foot building for internet server farm facility for
Fortune 500 Company.
- Represented public trust in multiple sale and lease transactions
involving development, construction or expansion of manufacturing
facilities for various industries, in sizes ranging from 30,000 to
100,000 square feet, for both Fortune 500 as well as smaller companies.
- Represented landowner in first superfund cost recovery action against
private parties litigated in the United States District Court in the
Northern District of Oklahoma.
- Represented railway in federal litigation involving interpretation of
federal railway right of way statutes, including appeals to the United
States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, establishing that
railroad held fee simple absolute title to its right of way.
- Represented railway in multiple class and individual federal and state
court actions involving defense of title to railroad right of way under
various federal right of way statutes.
- Represented national bank in federal litigation establishing validity
of electronic banking operations under branch banking statutes.