Willard C. Shih is a shareholder on Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer’s Commercial Litigation Team and co-chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee. His primary focus is on commercial litigation in fields including professional negligence defense, corporate and partnership disputes, unfair competition and consumer claims, estate litigation, and a variety of other complex business matters. He is a trial lawyer in courts in New Jersey, New York, and beyond with numerous favorable jury verdicts.
Mr. Shih is also committed to servicing the legal profession. He has been appointed to multiple panels and committees by the New Jersey Supreme Court. These include as Panel Chair of a Fee Arbitration Committee, a member of the District Ethics Committee, and a member of its committees on Civil Practice, Complementary Dispute Resolution, and the Rules of Evidence. He has also lectured on Civil Trial Preparation for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Mr. Shih also serves as a member of the Corporations and Foundations Committee for the Overlook Hospital Foundation, and is a legal advisor and former Deacon of Legal and Community Affairs for the Rutgers Community Christian Church.
Mr. Shih has also served as an elected officer of the Asian Pacific American Lawyer’s Association of New Jersey and as a co-chair of its Professional Development Committee, and is a former member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Diversity Committee.
Mr. Shih has also been selected for inclusion in the following:
• Best Lawyers® in America in 2013;
• Best Under 40 by the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association in 2011;
• Forty-under-40 by the New Jersey Law Journal in 2011;
• Forty-under-40 by NJBIZ in 2006;
• Professional Lawyer of the Year by the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law in 2011;
• New Jersey Super Lawyers®-“Rising Star” from 2006 to 2012;
• Outstanding Legal Achievement Award by the New Jersey Chinese American Chamber of Commerce in 2008.
"Suing Predecessors, Successors, Co-Counsel," New Jersey Lawyer, 15 NJL 1787 (Aug. 28, 2006)