Lee is a partner in the National Intellectual Property Department. Lee’s practice encompasses a full range of intellectual property services including counseling, acquisition, clearance and infringement opinions, enforcement, commercial and litigation support, and intellectual property portfolio strategies. His practice has a strong focus on the structuring of comprehensive technology and intellectual property licensing, joint venture, research and development and other related commercial arrangements. He has experience with domestic and foreign filing and prosecution, oppositions and with obtaining, maintaining, commercializing and enforcing intellectual property rights. Lee is a founding member of the Canadian Intellectual Property Council and is Chair of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. Lee is a registered Patent Agent and a registered Trade mark Agent and has written and spoken extensively on technology, intellectual property and related issues.
- Acting on behalf of a consortium of 12 major oil production companies in structuring and implementing a technology sharing arrangement for technology that fosters environmental benefits in oil sands development applications.
- Acting on behalf of a Chinese petrochemical company in structuring technology licensing and sharing arrangements for a joint venture constructing a natural gas liquification facility in Canada.
- Acting on behalf of a Canadian company in structuring the technology licensing arrangements for advanced commercial chemical reaction system for separating carbon and hydrogen from natural gas.
- Acting on behalf of a major Canadian energy (hydro-electric) provider in structuring the technology licensing and sharing arrangements for the development, construction and operation of a compressed natural gas transportation infrastructure.
- Acting on behalf of a major Canadian uranium technology provider in structuring the technology licensing arrangements for the construction of a uranium refinery in central Asia.
- Acting on behalf of a Canadian company in technology licensing and related issues pertaining to the use and development of a novel process of manufacturing titanium dioxide.
- Acting on behalf of a Canadian company in technology licensing and related issues pertaining to an adult entertainment device.
- Acted on behalf of a New York based investment bank in advising them on the acquisition of a prominent Canadian patent aggregator in, among other things, mobile phone technology.
- Acted on behalf of a prominent US based engineering construction and management firm in structuring a technology services and sharing agreement for technology relating to the manufacture of silicon.
- Acted on behalf of a prominent accounting firm in structuring technology transfer and licensing arrangement for computer hardware and firmware for use in electoral applications.
- Acted on behalf of a major Canadian gold manufacturer in negotiating a joint venture and licensing arrangement with a Chilean mineral processing research and development company.
- Acted on behalf of a Canadian medical devices company in structuring a technology joint venture arrangement for technology relating to the analysis of blood samples.
- Acting on behalf of major European and U.S. based clothing and wearing apparel manufacturers on trademark prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters.
- Acting on behalf of a major Canadian based property developer and manager on Canadian and international trademark prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters.
- Acting on behalf of a major Canadian based pension fund on Canadian and international trademark prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters.
- Acting on behalf of a major Australian wine manufacturer on trademark prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters.
- Acted on behalf of a major Canadian film development and distribution company involved in litigating copyright, trademark, public authority mark and other issues pertaining to the literary work Anne of Green Gables.