Mr. Torrance is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. He concentrates his practice in the areas of business torts and commercial litigation with a particular emphasis in construction and surety law.
His experience includes representation of owners, contractors, design professionals, suppliers, and sureties in private and publicly-funded projects. He has prosecuted mechanic's lien claims in ten states and Canada and regularly prosecutes and defends claims for contract funds, change orders, labor inefficiencies, delays, and other direct and indirect costs. In addition, he frequently prepares and revises contracts for domestic and international projects. He has served as both an arbitrator and mediator of construction disputes involving owners, design professionals, and contractors.
Mr. Torrance is Dickie McCamey's Marketing Director overseeing 155 lawyers throughout nine offices in six states and serves on the firm's Executive Committee.
- AV® Peer Review Rating (highest rating available) from Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Construction Law; Commercial Litigation.
- Contributing Author, Performance Bond Manual, American Bar Association, 2006
- American Bar Association – Fidelity & Surety Law Committee and Forum on the Construction Industry
- National Bond Claims Association