Vladislav Ugryumov is a leading intellectual property lawyer in Gowlings’ Moscow office, specializing in patent litigation and prosecution. With extensive experience in the life sciences sector, particularly in pharma and biotechnology, Vladislav helps clients realize value from their IP.
In Russia and internationally, Vladislav is known for delivering exceptional service and timely, practical solutions to complex legal issues. With his in-depth knowledge of the Russian IP market, Vladislav helps international clients do business in Russia and emerging Russian companies establish and protect their IP rights. He has successfully represented numerous clients before the Russian Court and Russian and Eurasian patent offices, and patent offices across the CIS.
Vladislav is experienced in the preparation of patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions, conducting due diligence investigations, and drafting and registering licence agreements. He has been consistently recognized in top legal directories, including Who’s Who Legal, Managing Intellectual Property, IAM Patent and The Best Lawyers in Russia, and is fluent in English and Russian.
Vladislav’s notable experience includes representing:
- A top pharmaceutical company in a patent infringement dispute against generic manufacturers in the Russian court and in the Russian Patent Office
- A leading research-based pharmaceutical and health-care company in patent infringement and invalidation trials with major Eastern European generic manufacturer in the Russian court and in the Chamber for Patent Disputes
- A global, research-based company, in patent infringement and invalidation trials with a major Indian and Ukrainian generic manufacturers and wholesalers in Ukrainian commercial court
- A global, research-based company, in a patent compulsory license action filed by major Indian generic manufacturer in the Supreme Court of Belarus
- An international tobacco group in patent prosecution and opposition proceedings