Vincent’s litigation practice focuses on intellectual property matters, including complex pharmaceutical patent litigation. Vincent also advises and represents clients in the life sciences and pharmaceutical industries on regulatory and privacy issues.
Vincent has appeared as counsel in both official languages before several Canadian courts, including the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and Divisional Court, as well as the Quebec Superior Court and Court of Appeal. From 2000 to 2003, Vincent practised intellectual property and commercial litigation at a New York firm. After graduating from law school, Vincent served as a law clerk to Chief Justice Antonio Lamer of the Supreme Court of Canada.
- representing a major international pharmaceutical company in applications under thePatented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations
- representing a major international pharmaceutical company in a patent impeachment action
- defending a patent infringement action regarding a wireless communications system
- judicial review litigation relating to the regulatory approval of pharmaceutical products
- judicial review litigation relating to the listing of pharmaceutical products on provincial formularies
- trade-mark enforcement and opposition proceedings