Trace Blankenship regularly advises chief executives, senior management, boards of directors and entrepreneurs on strategy, execution and legal requirements of significant business transactions, complex leadership and ownership decisions and day-to-day operations.
His practice is focused on:
- mergers and acquisitions
- securities/venture funding/private placements
- company governance and board strategy.
He has extensive experience with:
- leveraged buy-out and change of control transactions
- tender offers
- national roll-up acquisition strategies
- private placements of equity and debt
- “going private” and “going dark” transactions
- sales of closely-held businesses to strategic and financial buyers
- representing boards of directors, individual directors and special committees
- private equity fund formation.
Trace represents both emerging companies and established businesses covering a broad range of industries, including banking and financial services, wholesale and distribution businesses, technology and media companies, retailers, business process outsourcing, professional services, contractors and commercial developers. He also serves as outside general counsel for several of these companies. He frequently speaks to boards of directors, senior management, entrepreneurs and their advisers about current issues regarding capital formation, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance of companies with all types of ownership structures.
Trace serves as general counsel and secretary of Bone McAllester Norton PLLC and serves on the law firm’s board of directors ex-officio.
- Entrepreneurial and Emerging Business Law
- Banking and Financial Services
- Commercial Lending and Creditors' Rights
- Business and Corporate Law
- Non-Profits and Tax-Exempt Entities