Tony practices Insolvency and Restructuring law and related commercial litigation in the London office of Miller Thomson. His practice focuses on receiverships, bankruptcies, enforcement of security agreements, commercial debt recovery and CCAA proceedings.
Tony represents financial institutions, CCAA monitors, receivers, bankruptcy trustees and other stakeholders in insolvency matters, for whom he appears regularly before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, including Commercial List matters. Tony also handles commercial litigation matters, including contractual disputes and construction liens.
Tony has 25 plus years of experience in all aspects of security enforcement on behalf of secured lenders over all types of real and personal property collateral, including enforcement by way of private and court appointed receiverships, court proceedings for possession and private seizure and sale of collateral. Tony has acted for secured lenders in the enforcement of their security and the restructuring of their credit facilities for borrowers in all types of businesses and industries including:
- agricultural (farmers, greenhouse growers, farm equipment and farm supply dealers, grain elevators)
- automotive (tier one and tier two parts suppliers, automobile dealerships, motor vehicle leasing companies)
- trucking, transportation and logistics
- real estate development
- dental and medical professionals
- retail stores including clothing, hardware, furniture and groceries
- food processing (including abattoirs, meat processing facilities and a cheese production facility)
- fast food franchises
- commercial printing
- insurance brokers
- technology and software companies
- golf courses
Tony was named to the 2014 and 2015 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada© for Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law and Corporate Law and was recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" for Corporate Law in 2015.