Timothy J. Ryan is a Shareholder in the Grand Rapids, Michigan office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
Mr. Ryan is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame (J.D., magna cum laude) and Aquinas College (B.A., magna cum laude). Mr. Ryan has practiced exclusively in the labor and employment area since 1987, when he was admitted to the Bar. He has obtained an “AV® Preeminent™” rating, which is the highest peer review rating from Martindale Hubbell. He has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for labor and employment law and he is included in the Super Lawyers® publication.
Mr. Ryan is a frequent speaker and writer on topics including union avoidance, hiring and firing, family and medical leave, wage and hour laws, and other issues related to labor and employment law for employers.
Mr. Ryan represents employers facing legal challenges in the following areas:
- Union-Management Relations
- Unfair Labor Practice Charge Proceedings before the National Labor Relations board, and the Michigan Public Employee Relations Commission
- Union Organizing Campaigns
- Collective Bargaining
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Workplace Harassment
- Family and Medical Leave
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity Law
- Wage & Hour Matters
- Employment Litigation
- Employment Discrimination/Retaliation
- Management Employment Training/Seminars
U.S. Supreme Court
6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Illinois - N.D. Ill.
Michigan - E.D. Mich.
Michigan - W.D. Mich.