Tom is one of the initial members of the firm. He counsels his clients with general corporate and business law matters, including transactions such as acquisitions, sales, contracts, and financing. He also litigates cases involving shareholder disputes as well as family law cases involving closely-held businesses, partnerships, and professional associations. As a trained mediator, Tom has also helped numerous clients with the resolution of shareholder disputes, business and family law issues. Tom was selected for inclusion in the 25th Anniversary Edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in Family Law beginning in 2008 and has each year since, including 2016.
Tom Advises Clients With
- Complex contractual negotiations
- Business financing
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Divorce litigation for business owners and their spouses
- Tom is one of the founders of the Divorce Cooperation Institute, a group dedicated to fostering cooperation and greater professionalism among family law practitioners. He has served on its Board of Directors and has been the organization’s treasurer since it’s inception.
- Legal Advisor, Heartlove Place
- Appointed by the Wisconsin Supreme Court as a Member of the Office of Lawyer Regulation for the Milwaukee Area.