practices in the areas of real estate, land use, litigation, government affairs and corporate law. His clients include a broad range of corporations, non-profit organizations, builders and developers.
Mr. Mendelsohn served eight years on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and two years as vice Chairman of the Fairfax County School Board. He has also served on a number of regional transportation commissions, land use committees and councils.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Mendelsohn was a senior manager of a defense contractor. In the community, he has committed an extensive amount of time to community service in Fairfax County, the Commonwealth of Virginia and nationally.
Professional Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2007-2009
- Virginia Super Lawyer
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2009, 2010
- Northern Virginia Building Industry Association
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman, Executive Committee, Board Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties - NoVA Chapter, Co-Chair, Transportation Committee
- Christian Legal Society
- All State Courts in Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- All Courts in District of Columbia
Patrick Henry College Annexation — Achieved Town annexation over County objections.
McLean Bible Church Seminary Classes Dispute — Was able to obtain approval to allow seminary classes to continue despite the County originally disapproving of the use.
A&R Development BRAC Plan Amendment — Was able to obtain a plan amendment approval for the highest density then existing in Fairfax County despite the low-density nature of the area.