Steve Eichel has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer from 2004-2012 and is listed in Chambers USA, The Legal 500 and Best Lawyers in America.
Tax: tax consulting, with an emphasis on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, international tax planning, complex joint venture formations and domestic and international equity and debt financing, structuring and restructuring.
Transactional: general corporate law and business formations, executive compensation, mergers and acquisitions, and complex real estate development joint ventures involving taxable developers, REITs and institutional tax-exempt investors.
Cross-Border Transactions: international M&A, structuring of inbound investments by foreign investors in the United States and outbound investments by US investors in numerous foreign jurisdictions; passive investment vehicles and operating businesses in the international context.
· $300 million cash and stock merger of private company provider of technological marketing solutions, into one of world's largest publicly traded integrated online marketing companies.
· Sale of private equity fund's portfolio company in solar and wind energy industry to publicly traded leading national renewable energy integrator.
· Representation of private equity fund in investment in Bulgarian software and technology services company and continuing representation of portfolio company.
· Representation of private equity fund in disposition of hospital administration and management group of companies.
· Representation of private equity fund in acquisition of medical waste disposal company.
· Acquisition by air ambulance service operator of air and ground ambulance service provider.
· $77 million leveraged majority acquisition of IT staffing and consultancy company by private equity fund.
· Represented international technology company in $60 million recapitalization and receipt of majority growth equity investment from private equity firm.
· Outside general counsel to international management consulting firm.
· Outside general counsel to leading healthcare industry consulting firm.
· Representation of US technology company in negotiation of joint product development venture with Swiss research and development company.
· Representation of leading commercial and residential real estate developer in joint venture transactions.
· Representation of leading warehouse and industrial real estate developer in acquisitions and restructurings.
· Representation of governmental agency in restructuring of $300 million mortgage loan portfolio.
· Converted affiliated group of securities investment funds aggregating over $200 million in investments for high net worth family office from general partnerships to LLCs and prepared LLC agreements to govern reorganized fund vehicles.
· Joint venture among private real estate development company and two publicly traded REITs to develop $300 million mixed-use project in Maryland.
· Joint venture between private real estate development company and real estate private equity fund to develop $240 million mixed-use project in Massachusetts.
· Global reorganization of international securities brokerage and financial advisory services firm with offices in Bermuda, Japan and Luxembourg and tax planning and structuring for, and organization of, new operations in China and India.
· Design and implement equity-based compensation plan for Japanese financial services firm.
· Joint venture between US and Australian public entertainment companies to develop megaplex theatres in Latin America.
· $100 million disposition of private auto parts supply chain to public company.
· $35 million disposition of international personal identification products manufacturing company to public company.
· Development of eco-tourism resort in Belize.
· Development of $200 million residential community and resort in Montana.
· Acquisition of deep sea fishing resort in Costa Rica.
· $40 million acquisition of Canadian medical device market consulting firm by US strategic acquirer.
· Joint venture to develop $63 million residential condominium project in Connecticut.
· International tax and structuring advice to US-based publicly traded medical device company.
· Corporate reorganization and tax planning for supplier of linguists and interpreters to US Department of Defense.
· Numerous start-up company formations and financings.
Publications and Presentations
“Securities Regulations for Small Business,” co-presenter, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Boston, November 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Eichel is a member of the Board of Directors of the French-American Chamber of Commerce of New England.