Steven Horowitz concentrates his practice in real estate transactions and related matters. He practices out of Stroock’s New York and Miami offices. He regularly represents clients, including pension funds, investment advisors, asset managers, and other fiduciaries in the acquisition, joint venture, sale, and development of all classes of real estate, including commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use property, with a recent emphasis on mixed-use development. Mr. Horowitz is experienced with all types of financing, representing both institutional lenders and borrowers in construction, permanent, bridge, and mezzanine financing, and preferred equity investments. In connection with his financing practice, he has developed a mezzanine lending platform for a major institutional client and devoted substantial time to the negotiation of intercreditor, participation and co-lender agreements at all levels of the capital stack. Mr. Horowitz has also been heavily involved in the sale and purchase of loan portfolios, loan restructurings and workout/foreclosure alternatives for distressed loans, including deed-in-lieu transactions and UCC foreclosure auctions.
— REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Represented a commingled pension fund advised by J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc. in the acquisition of a 12-property industrial portfolio consisting of approximately 3,400,000 square feet, located in 7 different states, and the assumption of three (3) loan pools.
- Represented two mortgage funds advised by J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc. in the sale of 30 perfoming loans to Freddie Mac.
- Represented a commingled pension fund advised by J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc. in the joint venture acquisition, financing and development of a mixed-used residential, retail, office and parking condominium development in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represented a mortgage fund advised by J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc. in the constuction financing of a conversion of a high-rise parking structure to a residential condominium building in New York City, and the negotiation of an intercreditor agreement with the mezzanine lender.
- Represented a real estate fund advised by J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc. in the acquisition and financing of a "big box" shopping center located in Maryland.
- Represented a separate account client advised by J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc. in the joint venture acquisition, financing and development of an industrial property in Houston, Texas.