Stephen has a significant depth of experience in the areas of corporate finance, aviation law, and project and structured finance.
Stephen advises banks, corporate financiers, and aviation groups on contracts, financing, leasing arrangements, restructuring, and securitisation. He also acts for corporates in their dealings with financiers and government.
Stephen's expertise in aviation law (rotary and fixed wing), includes advising on leasing arrangements, negotiation of national and international contracts for the sale and purchase of aircraft, charter agreements, wet leases, FIFO agreements, aircraft maintenance agreements, power by the hour agreements, special mission and defence contracts, code share, insurance, and IT contracts.
Stephen also has experience in the acquisition of aviation businesses and companies, and in documenting joint ventures between aviators and related licensing and ACCC approvals.
- Cobham Australia – Advised this client as the successful tenderer in the A$1 billion CMS04 "Sentinel" contract with the Commonwealth of Australia, for the provision of surveillance services of the Australian coastline to Australian Customs for up to a 14 year period.
- ANZ – Advised in relation to the leasing of helicopters to the Victorian police and New South Wales ambulance services.
- Bank SA and Westpac Banking Corporation – Advised in relation to the documentation and negotiation of property development and project finance transactions involving syndications, "club" transactions and participations, including finance for the construction and operation of hotels (the Adelaide Casino development, Stamford and Pier Hotels), apartment developments (Holdfast Bay redevelopment and East End redevelopment), office developments (the Wave and Edge buildings), warehouse developments (the Islington redevelopment), ships and aircraft.
- ARTC – Acting in the obtaining of its club facility and involving the review and negotiation of finance documentation, the satisfaction of conditions precedent and related matters.
- Australian vehicle manufacturers – Acted in relation to their fleet lease programs.
- Acted on the financing of an acquisition of major vineyard investments and wineries in South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.
- Experienced in acting for vehicle floor plan financiers and receivables financiers in commercial transactions and in connection with all aspects of their business