Steve Kadish is one of less than 1,000 lawyers in the U.S. who have been on The Best Lawyers in America list since its inception. A lawyer’s lawyer who has earned the respect of his peers, clients and the industry, he built his skills as a U.S. Tax Court clerk while earning his LL.M. at Georgetown University and earlier, his LL.B. from Columbia University.
Steve is a leading tax attorney in Northeast Ohio, with substantial experience in practice before the IRS, U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. District Court in tax-related matters. In addition to counseling individuals in the planning, creation and execution of estate planning documents, Steve represents trusts and estates as primary counsel.
Steve is the outside consultant to CPA Associates International on tax matters.
He has been published in law reviews and tax-related journals. For more than 30 years, Steve has lectured at numerous tax and accounting seminars, providing updates on Federal tax cases and law, including:
- American Law Institute / American Bar Association
- Federal Bar National Institute
- Ohio Society of CPA’s Annual Accounting Show and Tax Planning Institute
- Ohio Society of Women Accountants
- Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- CPA Tax Institutes in Colorado, Indiana and West Virginia
- Cleveland Tax Institute, Real Estate Institute and Estate Planning Institute
Goosen v Comissioner — Groundbreaking case on taxation of foreign athlete's endorsement income