Scott is an industry leading financial services and commercial lawyer. He has comprehensive experience in establishment, licensing, governance, administration, distribution, restructuring, investments and tax matters associated with superannuation, funds management and life insurance products. He acts for Australia's largest corporate, industry and public sector schemes.
Scott is a regular speaker at conferences, is the editor and author of many texts and articles and is an active member of industry associations including the APRA Superannuation Lawyers Liaison Forum. He is an emeritus member of the Law Council of Australia Superannuation Lawyers Committee.
Scott is a current editor of the LexisNexis Superannuation Law Bulletin. He was the lead editor of Wickens The Law of Life Insurance in Australia from 1998 to 2008.
· Acted on the creation of AustralianSuper (the merger of STA and ARF)
· Acted on the successor fund transfer of the A$1.6B IBM staff fund to AustralianSuper (the largest corporate fund transfer in Australian history) as well as 25 other significant (A$100M+) fund mergers
· Advised a range of major corporate entities on their superannuation arrangements including Alcoa, Caltex, Qantas and Rio Tinto.
· Advised on the A$1.4B successor fund transfer of the CSR staff superannuation fund
· Acted on the A$1.9B transfer of the MetLife superannuation and pension business to Challenger
· Acting for AustralianSuper on the current project to transfer defined benefit schemes to EquipSuper
· Advising QSuper on a range of initiatives regarding its products, investments and potential mergers
· Advising WA Local Government Super on a range of issues including investment and custody arrangements
· Advised a range of superannuation fund trustees and administrators on MySuper and compliance with APRA prudential standards; including ComSuper, VicSuper, QSuper, Pillar and WA Local Government Superannuation
· Acted for AustralianSuper on the recent sale of its shares in SuperPartners
· Negotiated a master custody agreement for GESB in compliance with government directives
· Acted for AustralianSuper on the negotiation of new administration agreements with Link/AAS
· Acted for AustralianSuper on the negotiation of its new custody agreements
· Advised GESB on participation in an offshore investment scheme in compliance with government directives
· Advised ComSuper and QSuper on the effect and implementation of government directives