Rocco’s practice focuses on engineering, procurement and construction law and infrastructure matters. He has extensive experience on a wide range of major projects and has acted for various project participants, including owners, governmental authorities, developers, lenders, contractors, operators, subcontractors, architects and engineers. Rocco also advises on public-private partnerships, major building, civil and public works design, construction, operation and maintenance. His infrastructure development and procurement experience includes advising governmental and public sector authorities and private sector proponents on matters such as the planning, engineering, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of major public infrastructure projects and outsourcing of government services. Rocco’s practice also includes contract negotiation with an emphasis on “preventative” structuring aimed at minimizing project risks and disputes. Rocco is a qualified and experienced professional engineer.
- Société Générale on the $150 million project financing of the Credit Valley Hospital Phase II Redevelopment Project.
- Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan on the $160 million project financing of the Deh Cho Bridge across the Mackenzie Valley in Northwest Territories.
- Ontario Power Authority on numerous new generation and demand management projects, including: negotiating the Accelerated Clean Energy Supply Contracts with Sithe Global Power Goreway for the Goreway Station Project (875 MW) in Brampton and with Portlands Energy Centre LP for Portlands Energy Centre (560 MW) in downtown Toronto; and the GTA West Trafalgar Clean Energy RFP and CES Contract with TransCanada Energy on the 600 MW combined cycle Halton Hills Generating Station.
- Atomic Energy of Canada Limited on the Ontario Nuclear Procurement Project, the refurbishment and retubing of CANDU nuclear reactors at the Bruce A Nuclear Generating Station and Pickering A Nuclear Generating Station in Ontario and the Pt. Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station in New Brunswick.
- Runnymede Healthcare Centre on the redevelopment of the Runnymede Healthcare Centre, including the Memorandum of Understanding with Infrastructure Ontario, the Project Agreements and Project Charter and the negotiations on the architectural services agreement with Stantec.
- G+G Partnership Architects on the architectural services and consultants agreements for a number of hospital redevelopment projects, including the M-Wing Expansion and P&G Fit-up at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Women’s and Infant’s Health Program, Ambulatory Surgical Centre and Critical Medical/Surgical Program Upgrade at Mount Sinai Hospital and the North Tower of the London Health Sciences Centre.
- Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance on the Stratford General Hospital Redevelopment, including the negotiation of the architectural services agreement with aTRM Inc.
- Canadian Opera House Corporation on the design, development, government funding, project financing, construction, operation and maintenance of the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts in Toronto.
- Toronto Transit Commission on the design, risk analysis and assessment, development and construction of the Sheppard Subway, the York University Busway rapid transit project and the conversion and expansion of the Scarborough Rapid Transit Project.
- Ministry of Energy (Ontario) on the Renewable Energy Supply (RES I and RES II) Procurements, including the development of the procurement model and RFP, development and power purchase from new renewable generating facilities.
- Ministry of Energy (Ontario) on the New Clean Generation & Demand-Side Projects (2500 MW) Procurement, including the development of the procurement process, the Clean Energy Supply Contract, the evaluation model in the RFP in consultation with Management Board Secretariat.