Bob Jewell is the Managing Partner of the firm, Chair of the Executive Committee, a member of the Policy Committee and co-chair of the Women's Initiative Team. Bob’s principal areas of practice are mergers and acquisitions (both domestic and foreign), corporate governance and capital markets transactions. In over 35 years of practice, Bob has particular experience relating to the energy services industry, the refining industry, master limited partnerships, real estate investment trusts, the forest products industry and representing special committees of boards of directors.
- Represented both buyers and sellers in dozens of mergers and acquisitions in the energy services industry
- Counsel to special committees for several master limited partnerships in dozens of transactions with affiliated companies
- Represented Frontier Oil Corporation in connection with its merger with Holly Corporation
- Represented Allis-Chalmers Energy in connection with its acquisition by Seawell Limited
- Counsel to the Special Committee of EGL, Inc. in connection with its acquisition by CEVA, an affiliate of Apollo Management, over a contested bid by a management-led group
- Represented energy services companies in connection with investigations of potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act