Bob Jahrling, a partner in the firm’s Business & Technology Group, concentrates primarily in the areas of securities law, corporate finance and acquisitions.
Mr. Jahrling is listed in Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America and has been named in The Legal 500 United States, a guide to the preeminent law firms in the US. He is also named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
Mr. Jahrling has over 29 years of experience in representing publicly-held as well as venture-backed, family-owned and other privately-held companies. He has worked with numerous companies from their initial financing through initial public offering or acquisition. He regularly advises companies with respect to strategic business matters, public and private securities offerings, domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, SEC reporting and compliance, strategic partnerships and joint ventures and executive compensation matters. Mr. Jahrling represents companies in a wide range of industries, including alternative energy, enterprise software, telecommunications, market research, medical devices and healthcare services. His public company work includes serving as counsel to boards of directors and board committees.
Mr. Jahrling also represents leading venture capital and private equity firms in connection with portfolio company transactions, including minority investments, buyouts and leveraged recapitalizations.
· General counsel to public business process management (BPM) and customer relationship management (CRM) software company.
· General counsel to public technology and market research firm.
· General counsel to satellite-based Internet backbone infrastructure solutions company.
· Counsel to special committee of board of directors of vitamin and supplements company in connection with sale of company.
· Hospice care company in connection with its initial public offering of common stock.
· Leading private equity firm in connection with its spinout and financing of software business.
· Manufacturer of semiconductor components with applications for defense industry in connection with its sale to public company strategic buyer.
· Financial services market research firm in connection with its sale to public company strategic buyer.
· Private equity sponsor in connection with leveraged buyout of nursing home chain.
· General counsel to hydrokinetic power generation company.
Publications and Presentations
· “Linchpins of a Successful Special Committee,” co-author, Securities Law360, October 2012.
· “Making Successful Investments in Clean-tech,” quoted, Financier Worldwide Magazine, July 2009.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Jahrling is a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee. He is a member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations, an Advisory Board member of Boston Rising, an innovative anti-poverty charitable organization, and is active on a variety of other community boards.