Robert J. Milligan, Esq.
Milligan Lawless, P.C.
5050 N. 40th Street, Suite 200, Phoenix, Arizona 85018
Phone: (602) 792-3500 | Direct: (602) 792-3501 | Fax: (602) 792-3525
Areas of Practice
Bob is a shareholder in the Phoenix, Arizona law firm of Milligan Lawless, P.C. and specializes in health care law. He limits his practice to the representation of individuals and companies in the health care and life sciences industry.
Bob’s recent experience includes:
• Formation and operation of ASCs, imaging centers and other ventures;
• Health care mergers and acquisitions;
• Advice and representation relating to clinical research, clinical trial agreements, medical education, FDA compliance and related issues;
• Fraud and abuse advice, including internal investigations, self-reporting and compliance program development;
• Representation of physicians, physician organizations and other providers in investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, DHHS Office of Inspector General, AHCCS Inspector General and other state and federal enforcement agencies;
• Medical staff matters, including medical staff governance, peer review, medical staff-hospital relations and EMTALA compliance; and
• Mediation of litigated cases and pre-litigation disputes.
In addition to his law practice, Bob has received an LL.M. degree in Biotechnology and Genomics. In that capacity, he completed coursework and independent study in: FDA regulation; pharmacogenomics; biotechnology science; law and policy; clinical research ethics; reimbursement; technology transfer; and technology licensing. He researches and writes on topics relating to biotechnology. Bob’s papers include: “FDA and the Role of Pharmacogenomics in Drug Development” (2005); “Pharmacogenomics in Clinical Practice: Opportunities and Challenges” (2005); “Coverage and Reimbursement for Pharmacogenomic Testing” (2006); and “Pharmacogenomics and the Early Termination of Clinical Trial; Selected Ethical Issues” (2006).