Robert’s practice focuses on advising U.S. based businesses and investors on federal income tax matters with an emphasis on business transaction planning. Robert regularly counsels publicly-traded partnerships (MLPs) on a wide variety of tax issues, including formation, on-going qualification, and acquisition and disposition activities. Robert handles the tax aspects of public and private offerings of debt and equity securities and has advised companies on numerous public and private acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures, including tax-free reorganizations and like-kind exchanges.
Robert has provided tax advice involving:
- $2.8 billion merger of MLPs
- $2 billion senior notes offering
- $500 million initial public offering of a pipeline MLP
- $850 million acquisition of oil & gas properties in a reverse like-kind exchange
- $3.5 billion tax-free acquisition of publicly owned energy company
- $100 million convertible notes offering with contingent interest