Bob has extensive experience in the areas of corporate, securities, oil and gas and general commercial matters. His practice is transactional in nature in spanning public company, private company and mega-project transactions and including corporate mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, purchase and sale of assets and shares, corporate restructurings, together with all associated contract negotiations and preparation. He also has significant corporate governance experience and has served on a number of public and private boards in positions as chair, lead director and chair and member of governance committees. Bob represents a diverse group of individuals and public and private companies, including oil and gas exploration and production and service companies, oil sands companies, private equity providers, securities dealers and investment banks.
- Lead with representing the consortium of purchasers of the Phoenix Coyotes National Hockey League franchise in connection with all Canadian legal matters, including the overall ownership governance structure and cross border tax structuring.
- Tristone Capital Global Inc. in the $115 million sale of that company to Macquarie Capital Group.
- Independent directors of Insignia Energy Ltd. in the acquisition of the 29% public minority interest by the controlling shareholder, Brookfield Capital Partners Ltd.
- Independent directors of Cordero Energy Inc. in the competitive $140 million acquisition of that company by Ember Resources Inc.
- Numerous public offerings of common and flow-through shares by way of short form prospectus for various issuers including MGM Energy Corp. and Delphi Energy Corp.
- Delphi Energy Corp. in its friendly acquisition by way of take-over bid of Fairmount Energy Inc. and the following subsequent amalgamation squeeze out transaction.
- Esprit Energy Trust in its friendly merger with Pengrowth Energy Trust resulting in a combined enterprise value at over $6 billion.
- Transco Energy Services Ltd. on its $345 million (excluding debt) sale to Flint Energy Services Ltd.
- Numerous private placement equity financings (straight and flow-through common shares) for various private issuers including Steel Reef Infrastructure Corp., Laricina Energy Ltd., Avant Garde Energy Corp. and Temple Energy Ltd.
- The Special Committee of Calloway Real Estate Income Trust’s Board of Directors in its acquisition of $1.2 billion of real estate assets from a related unit holder.
- Synenco Energy Inc., an oil sands company, in its $275 million initial public offering of common shares.
- Deer Creek Energy Limited in its $160 million initial public offering of common shares in July of 2004 and the subsequent competitive $1.7 billion acquisition of that company by Total S.A., in September 2005.