Richard Eason joined Adams and Reese in 1981 and currently focuses his diversified practice on complex commercial and personal injury litigation and serves as Team Leader for the Products Liability Litigation practice. Richard has successfully litigated numerous complex multi-million dollar cases in United States District Courts, including Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Ohio.
Over the past ten years, Richard has frequently handled complex litigation matters, including class action, fraud, RICO statute violations, constitutional violations, errors and omissions claims, products liability, breach of contract redhibition, business loss/profit matters and bankruptcy cases.
His other significant contributions include:
- Serving as national counsel for the EnviroFlex litigation and personally handling lawsuits in five states, including class actions in Florida and Alabama.
- Appearing before the United States Fifth Circuit and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeal as well as the United States Supreme Court.
- Serving as an Associate Professor of Paralegal Studies at the University of New Orleans for 10 years.
- Serving as regional outside council for a number of clients.
- Speaking at many ABA and Louisiana Bar conferences and a guest lecturer at Southern University Law School on product liability.
Richard is very actively involved in the community and serves on the Board of Directors of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, New Orleans Sports Foundation, and the ForeKids Foundation. Richard is the former Co-Chair of the Archbishop Philip Hannan Football Classic, the former Chairman of the Louisiana Young Lawyers Division, former Member of the Louisiana House of Delegates of the Louisiana State Bar Association, former Board Member of the Metropolitan Area Committee and the New Orleans Legal Assistance Corporation. He takes an active role in the St. Anne Parish School of Religion and the Archdiocese of New Orleans.