Rhonda is a Partner in our Brisbane Banking & Finance and Insolvency & Reconstruction teams.
She has more than 20 years' post admission experience working primarily with lenders and external administrators on all aspects of property and commercial financing transactions, debt restructuring, and insolvency administration.
Rhonda also represents domestic and multi-national corporate clients, both private and listed, in relation to their financing transactions.
Banking and finance
- Documentation and completion of major $US commodities facilities for Rabobank.
- Acting for a joint venture in relation to financing the acquisition of a portfolio of storage centres across Australia.
- Acting for a listed corporation in relation to its syndicated financing facilities across Australia, North America, and South America.
- Acting for a listed real estate investment trust in establishing its syndicated finance facilities for the acquisition of real properties and businesses across Australia.
- Providing advice in relation to finance facilities for Millmerran Power Project.
- Preparation of Security Trust documents and securities in relation to restructure and acquisition of storage facilities around Australia, including due diligence and review of call options and contracts of sale.
- Advising in relation to security structure for large construction projects at Southbank.
- Drafting corporate, individual and property securities for execution by members of a large electrical retailing organisation.
- Drafting of standard securities and water mortgages to be used in Victoria after the unbundling of water rights in that state.
- Drafting securities for agribusiness deals ranging from large commodities facilities to securities over stock and crops.
Insolvency, recovery and reconstruction
- Receiverships involving several commercial premises in Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria including commercial buildings, hotels, service stations, retail properties, and commercial and residential development sites. Examples include Southport Central (Gold Coast) and Ibis Townsville.
- Undertakes work with a variety of insolvency practitioners. Good relationships with John Park, Kelly-Ann Trenfield (Brisbane) and Gavan Nolan (Townsville) at KordaMentha, Andrew Fielding and David Whyte at BDO, Matthew Joiner at PKF, Justin Walsh at Ernst & Young, Michael Richter and Greg Moloney at Ferrier Hodgson.
- Significant involvement in issues relating to the appointment of receivers and managers to Raptis Group companies including QBSA licensing to continue construction of projects, subcontractors’ claims, advice on receivership and business structure, incorporation of new entities, property and licensing issues, security issues, and Deeds of Company Arrangement.
- Receiverships involving several commercial premises in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria including hotels, service stations, car parks, retail properties, and commercial and residential development sites.
- Advice in relation to receivers’ obligations under 420A Corporations Act.
- Appointment of receivers and managers to large Brisbane shopping centres and providing advice in relation to issues including building defects, unregistered plans, easements and leases, together with development agreements.
- Preparation of receiver sale contracts for major commercial properties.
- Providing detailed security reviews and advice in relation to enforcement strategies, recovery processes, risk management issues, mortgagee sale duties, preparing sale contracts and managing the sale process.
- Providing advice to lenders on the liability of valuers for negligent advice.
- Mortgagee sales of rural properties including documentation of management agreements for pre-sale management of rural properties.
- Mortgagee sale of fishing vessels and other Australian registered ships together with fishing licences and associated entitlements.
- Advising the liquidators of Walter Construction Group (KordaMentha) in relation to construction contract retention monies, payments under bank guarantees and claims by subcontractors and property developers.
- Advising Queensland Health in relation to the voluntary administration of hospice Zoe’s Place and associated issues.
- Advising the directors in relation to winding down and voluntary liquidation of ZeroGen.