Reece has extensive transactional experience in public and private capital raisings, mergers and acquisitions and restructures. His broad experience includes applying his extensive knowledge of the Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules, as well as advising on general commercial law issues and employee share option plans.
His work has covered the life sciences, technology, telecommunications, food and agribusiness, and resources sectors. His clients include multinational corporations, ASX listed companies and early-stage companies with high growth potential.
Transactions conducted by Reece include:
- IPOs of Corporate Travel Management Limited, Seymour Whyte Limited, Ausenco Limited, Genera Biosystems Limited, CBio Limited, Provet Holdings Limited and GBST Holdings Ltd
- secondary capital raisings for Peplin Limited, Viralytics Limited, Incitive Limited, Tissue Therapies Limited, Analytica Limited, Alchemia Limited, ChemGenex Pharmaceuticals Limited, Cardno Limited, Ausenco Limited, GBST Limited, Lindsay Australia Limited, Genera Biosystems Limited, and CBio Limited
- ChemGenex Pharmaceuticals Limited’s $225 million takeover of Cephalon, Inc
- Provet Holdings Limited’s $93.2 million acquisition under scheme of arrangements by Fortune 500 company, Henry Schein, Inc
- venture capital deals for Intellection ($9 million), Medi-stream ($2.5 million), Protagonist ($11.9 million) and Genetic Solutions (merger with Catapult NZ), and
- Australian due diligence for Hellman & Friedman LLC and Texas Pacific Group’s US $1.3 billion private equity acquisition of the NASDAQ listed Intergraph Corporation.
Reece holds a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment. He is a Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia, a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a member of Ausbiotech. He is also a director of Ausenco Foundation and is a former director of Deaf Services Queensland.