Ramon Rossi Lopez has extensive trial experience in all areas of civil litigation involving personal injury, including complex mass torts, catastrophic disasters, medical malpractice, and product liability actions. He has represented thousands of clients in mass tort cases, primarily against the giant pharmaceutical industry involving dangerous/defective drugs/devices'
Mr. Lopez was named the 2004 “Top Gun Products Liability/Mass Tort Lawyer” of the Year by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, and was awarded the following peer reviewed honors:
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SUPER LAWYERS FOR THE FAMILY AND CONSUMER, 2007-2010
- LAWDRAGON TOP 500 IN AMERICA, 2006
- SUPER LAWYERS, ORANGE COUNTY, 2004-2010
- SUPER LAWYERS, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, 2006-2010
- TOP LAWYERS IN ORANGE COUNTY, 2006
- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF BARRISTERS, FELLOW, 2003-Present
- TOP 100 TRIAL LAWYERS, AMERICAN TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION, 2007-2010
Ramon, together with other members of his former firm, from 2000 to the present, have negotiated and resolved several thousand individual product liability cases involving pharmaceuticals such as Diet Drugs (Fen-Phen), Rezulin, Propulsid, Baycol, PPA, Dexatrim, Ephedra, Zyvox, and Zyprexa.
Mr. Lopez has just recently in 2007 formed his new law partnership, the consumer litigation firm of LOPEZ McHUGH LLP. The firm has offices in Philadelphia, PA and Newport Beach, CA, and Moorestown, NJ, with co-counsel and affiliated law firms in several other states.
- Plaintiff''s Steering Committee (MDL)
- National State-Federal Liaison Counsel
- Negotiation team
- Co-lead/discovery chair - Mallinckrodt Defendant
- Lead trial counsel (100+ cases throughout country in both state and federal courts)
Halliburton Convoy Litigation
- Represent 7 families for wrongful death and 11 personal injuries of former truck drivers working for Halliburton/KBR in Iraq, killed/injured on April 9, 2004
- Lead trial counsel (51 clients)
- Depositions taken in multiple state of primary defense witnesses
- Co-lead negotiator in unprecedented liver injury pharmaceutical litigation on behalf of 51 clients
- Plaintiffs Steering Committee
- Chair of National Discovery Committee
- Co-lead Negotiator of $700,000,000 Global settlement
- Lead trial counsel in 1950 cases which settled for a total of $200,000,000
Diet Drugs (Fen-Phen) Litigation — Co-chair of Discovery Committee (MDL); and co-lead counsel in California Coordinated Proceedings. Participation in global settlement negotiations of individual cases in excess of $500,000,000.