Mr. Hordo has over 35 years of litigation experience, including commercial and partnership disputes, securities and pension matters, professional negligence, class actions, aviation product liability, administrative law, and catastrophic personal injury.
Mr. Hordo has appeared in all levels of Court in British Columbia. He has also been counsel at both the trial and appeal level of the Federal Court of Canada and in the Supreme Court of Canada. He has acted as counsel in numerous complex commercial arbitrations.
In addition to his demonstrated abilities in trial and appellate work, Mr. Hordo is a skilled negotiator who has successfully resolved numerous disputes involving hundreds of millions of dollars. Mr. Hordo has also lectured on negotiations at the University of British Columbia Law School.
Recognition and Ranking
· Best Lawyers in Canada named the 2014 Product Liability Defence Lawyer of the Year for Vancouver.
· Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
· Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London, England)
· Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory: AV Peer Review rated (the Highest Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards).
· Lexpert Magazine: recognized as a Leading Practitioner for Aviation (Regulation & Liability)
· Chambers Global: recognized as a Leading Practitioner for Dispute Resolution
· Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized as a Leading Practitioner for Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Class Action Litigation, Aviation Law, Personal Injury, and Product Liability Litigation.
· Who's Who Legal Directory: recognized as a Leading Practitioner for Product Liability Litigation.
· Benchmark Litigation: named a Litigation Star
· Euromoney Institutional Investor: recognized as a Leading Practitioner for Product Liability Litigation.
· University of British Columbia (LL.B., 1976) (Gold Medalist)
· University of Manitoba (M.Sc., 1973)
· University of Winnipeg (B.A., 1971)
· Document Disclosure: presented at the 2010 Continuing Legal Education Advocacy Conference
· Pre-Trial Management of Documents in Commercial Cases: presented at the 2001 Continuing Legal Education Seminar on Document Management.
· Pre-Trial Document Disclosure and Confidentiality in a Commercial Case: presented at the 2001 Continuing Legal Education Advocacy Conference.
· Queen’s Counsel (2002)
· Yukon (1987)
· British Columbia (1977)
· Former Lecturer on Negotiations at the University of British Columbia Law School
. Faculty Member: CLE BC : Mastering Civil Evidence 2016
· Speaker, 2010 International Bar Association Conference
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, Vancouver Bar Association
· Member, Aviation Insurance Association