Peter is a litigator with a wide range of experience, practising for over 26 years in Vancouver. For a number of years he practised criminal law before resuming civil and commercial litigation, including claims involving allegations of fraud. He has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia as well as other professional bodies. His experience includes products liability, property law disputes, professional negligence claims, insurance defense and coverage, defamation, commercial disputes, contracts, copyright and trademark matters, company law and banking and insolvency litigation. He also has experience obtaining and defending various types of injunctions, including Mareva and Anton Pillar injunctions. He is well versed in strata corporation windups having completed the first court approved windup in BC.
Peter was the Head of the Litigation Group at Lawson Lundell from 2008-2010.
Peter is a regular contributor to Lawson Lundell’s Western Canada Business Litigation Blog, a resource that examines current trends and interesting issues emerging in the legal and business communities.
B2Gold v. Condor Resources PLC, 2015 BCSC 1548:
- Obtained declaration regarding enforceability and transfer of a historical Net Smelter Return Royalty Agreement in the context of a concession swap for Nicaraguan mining claims.
In the Matter of the Application for the Wind-Up of Strata Plan NW422 (Cottonwood), 2016 BCSC 285:
- Successful application to wind-up a strata corporation for the purposes of sale to a developer over the opposition of a minority of strata owners.
West Care Medical Ltd. v. Brown, 2009 BCSC No. S096285:
- Obtained Mareva Injunction, document recovery orders and $1.4 million judgment on behalf of client following discovery of defalcation by former employee.
Lewis v. Abel and others, 2007 BCSC 604:
- Successful defence of a defamation claim alleging malice against three medical professionals in the context of their work in a specialized hospital team.
Bankers Mortgage Corp. v. Plaza 500 Hotels Ltd., 2016 BCSC 722:
- Successful enforcement of a borrower's "exit fee" obligation payable to lender's mortgage broker where borrower raised defences of contraventions of Interest Act and common law penalty in an effort to avoid payment.