Peter is a senior banking partner at Dentons' Toronto office with more than 35 years' experience representing banks in bilateral and syndicated financings (both domestic and cross-border), as well as bank regulatory matters, workouts and insolvencies. He is repeatedly recognized as one of Canada's leading banking/financial services lawyers in various national and international directories.
As a partner in the Financial Services Group at Dentons' Toronto office, he acts for a number of Canadian domestic financial institutions and foreign banks. In addition to his transactional practice, Peter has also held a number of senior management responsibilities at Dentons Canada.
Peter's practice includes:
- Banking/corporate financing, including bilateral and syndicated financings, cross-border multi-currency transactions, project financings, aircraft financing and leasing, working capital and acquisition financings, LBO financings, leveraged and investment grade financings.
- Bank Act regulatory advice to both domestic and foreign financial institutions (including foreign bank entry, subsidiary incorporation and bank amalgamation).
- Trade finance/documentary credit transactions (domestic Canadian and international).
- Structured financings, including asset-backed securitizations, receivables purchases, and synthetic leases.
- Loan workouts, security enforcement and insolvency/debt restructuring for financial institution clients in court restructurings and bankruptcies of corporate debtors.