Peter’s practice focuses on securitization and structured finance with an emphasis on creditor’s rights. He has provided advice to buyers, sellers, credit enhancers, liquidity lenders and rating agencies in connection with these transactions. Recent transaction types include automobile and equipment loans, leases and wholesale assets, credit card receivables, residential and commercial mortgages and trade receivables. Peter has provided advice in connection with all categories of financing transactions. He has also taught commercial law at Osgoode Hall Law School.
- Acted as seller’s counsel in connection with a syndicated securitization of automotive dealer floorplan receivables.
- Acted as agent’s counsel in connection with a private placement of commercial mortgage-backed securities.
- Acted as conduit counsel in connection with a securitization of insured and uninsured residential mortgages.
- Acted as conduit counsel in connection with a securitization of consumer automotive leases.
- Acted for the seller in a cross-border trade receivables securitization which obtained off-balance sheet treatment under IFRS.