Paul is a partner in the Tax team and has a broad range of experience in providing specialist taxation and commercial advice to a wide variety of clients.
His broad base of clients includes legal and accounting firms, private and listed companies, high net worth individuals, and private equity funds. Paul advises on all areas of Federal and State taxation law and related commercial matters.
Paul has experience advising across a range of sectors including transport, mining, property sale and development, marketing, public relations, information technology, professional services, and financial services.
Paul is a regular speaker on tax and related commercial matters for various professional bodies. He is a member of The Tax Institute, as well as a member (and past President) of the South Australian Divisional Council of Taxpayers Australia Inc, a member of the Law Council of Australia's Business Law Committee (South Australian Tax Sub Committee), and a member of the South Australian State Taxes Liaison Group.
Paul has been recognised by Doyle's Guide 2015 as a pre-eminent tax lawyer in South Australia, and a recommended tax lawyer nationallyand has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia 2017 in the area of Tax.
- Wineries – Advising on the tax and stamp duty aspects of the merger and consolidation of several wineries and their associated entities.
- Major property holding group – Advising on the tax and stamp duty aspects of the restructure of a major property holding group.
- Legal, accounting and medical practices – Advising on their structures and a variety of tax issues.
- Advising private companies in the mining and resources industry on their sale to a public company.
- Advising a privately owned group in the financial services sector on its sale to a public company.
- Advising companies involved in major tax audits with the ATO.