He also advises companies on labor and employment issues, including those that arise in connection with mergers and acquisitions, reductions in force, and plant closings, and those dealing with the labor law aspects of government contracting, such as compliance with the Davis-Bacon Act and the Service Contract Act. In addition, he conducts management training on a variety of labor and employment law issues. Paul has served as lead counsel in a number of jury and non-jury cases involving claims of discrimination, wrongful discharge, breach of employment contract, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Paul serves as head of FordHarrison's Traditional Labor Practice Group. He also is a member of the firm's Healthcare Practice Group. In addition to representing employers in healthcare, Paul represents companies in numerous industries, including manufacturing, construction, and government contracting. Paul also worked in house for over five years for an Atlanta-based printing and software company that operated over fifty facilities across the country.
- Served as chief spokesman in union negotiations for hospitals in states across the country. The unions involved include the Service Employees International Union, United Healthcare Workers – West, National Nurses Organizing Committee, and Laborers' International Union.
- Served as chief spokesman in union negotiations at multiple locations nationwide for a manufacturing company whose employees primarily were represented by the Steelworkers.
- Represented California healthcare employer in union organizing campaign under NLRB's expedited election rules. Union withdrew before the election.
- Successfully represented company in WARN Act litigation brought by union arising out of company's shutdown of operations without advance notice.
- Represented California hospital during strike by nurses.
Court Admissions — U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit