Paul L. Langer is a partner in the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Insurance Coverage Litigation Practice Groups. He practices in the area of insurance coverage, general commercial litigation, product liability, and class actions, providing counsel to a broad range of corporate clients in federal and state courts across the country.
Paul has significant experience representing policyholders in:
- Commercial liability policy disputes involving environmental, product liability, toxic tort, antitrust, intellectual property and construction defect claims.
- Professional liability and errors omissions claims involving lawyers, accountants and healthcare professionals.
- Coverage disputes involving healthcare entities, managed care claims, ERISA and fiduciary duty claims.
- Directors and officers liability policy disputes involving wrongful act claims against the board of directors and senior officers of for-profit and not-for-profit entities.
- Employment practices liabilities policy disputes involving discrimination, sexual harassment, termination and unfair labor practices claims.
- A chemical company in $4 billion environmental and products coverage action.
- An oil pipeline in $400 million environmental coverage action against numerous insurers.
- A large Canadian brewery in insurance coverage for patent and trademark infringement.
- A major railroad in $100 million environmental coverage action against insurers.
- National coverage counsel in coverage litigation involving the nationwide, mass failure of FRT Plywood.
- National coverage counsel in declaratory judgment action involving the mass failure of Pb Plumbing.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit