Paul Tilleman is a partner in the Firm’s Trusts & Estates Group. He is also a former member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and is the Firm’s technology partner. Paul has extensive experience in:
- Creating tax efficient general estate plans and preparing wills, trusts, marital agreements and powers of attorney to carry them out.
- Implementing sophisticated gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques to minimize the impact of taxes on transfers of wealth from generation to generation.
- Counseling owners of family and closely held businesses on succession planning and ownership structures designed to facilitate gift and estate planning transfers.
- Administering estates and trusts and advising personal representatives and trustees on fiduciary duties and income tax and accounting matters.
- Preparing and defending on audit federal and state estate tax, gift tax and fiduciary income tax returns.
- Establishing and operating private foundations and donor-advised funds.