Paul Yared joined Foster Swift in 2010 bringing more than 35 years of experience in business and corporate law, securities regulation, insurance regulation, finance and real estate development.
Paul's business experience was gained while serving as counsel for Foremost Corporation of America for more than 25 years, with the last 14 years as Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel. Foremost was a publicly-held insurance holding company with its shares listed on the New York Stock Exchange. He played a key role in the auction and sale of Foremost in March 2000 to Farmers Insurance Group yielding more than $800 million for shareholders. His extensive experience in general business law and management skills is of benefit to most businesses.
— Representative Matters
- Helped establish the first privately-insured, manufactured housing pass-through security and served as counsel for the issuer in connection with the private placement of more than $200 million of such securities with institutional investors from 1982 through 1985.
- Handled legal aspects of the acquisition and development of a 600 acre real estate development, including an office park site condominium as part of the PUD.
- Represented a Michigan mutual insurance company in a demutualization, converting the insurer to stock-based ownership, and with an SEC registration for an initial public offering raising nearly $7 million of equity capital in 2004.
- Handled the SEC reporting for a publicly-held insurance holding company from 2004 through 2011.
- Represented a Michigan public company in the implementation of takeover defenses and advised it in the successful defense of a hostile takeover attempt.
- Represented a Michigan publicly-held insurance holding company in a board led auction and sale of the company in 2011.
- Advised a Michigan mutual insurance company on its conversion to a stock insurer and the formation of an insurance mutual holding company system in 2014.